Search Fern Hill real estate and homes for sale in St Louis Park, MN at allminneapolishomes.com. Find Fern Hill St Louis Park homes for sale including single family homes, condos, lofts, and townhomes.
Fern Hill real estate lies just south of 25 ½ Street to Twin Lakes park to north of Minnetonka Boulevard and just to the east of HWY 100. Fern Hill was subdivided in the early 1900’s to take advantage of the streetcar line on Minnetonka Boulevard. The neighborhood’s homes were built around 1945. Occupying 384.5 acres you will find 9.8% of this area being parks and open space, 1 % commercial and industrial, and 51 total blocks of residential homes for sale in this St Louis Park neighborhood. Within this 51 blocks of residential houses, 1,338 housing units made up of 958 single family homes and 26 duplexes, 27 condos and condominiums and 268 apartment units. The Average home in this area was built in 1945 which is a bit older than other St Louis Park real estate for sale. There is a population of approximately 2498 residents in this section of the city.
At the time of writing this SLP Blog Article, there were approximately 41 St Louis Park homes for sale in this area, the majority of homes for sale and sold homes in this area were single family homes but there are also a few condominiums right off of HWY 7. There were only 3 foreclosed homes. Most of the foreclosed homes in St Louis Park were actually in quite good condition. Some of the single family homes were also short sales.
This residential neighborhood is a great place to look for a home for sale. Whether looking to sell a home or buy a home in St Louis Park, contact real estate agent Jan Worthen today.
- North: 25 ½ Street to Twin Lakes Park & north of Basswood Road
- South: Minnetonka Boulevard
- East: France Avenue for most of the neighborhood
- West: Highway 100
- Fern Hill was subdivided in the early 1900’s to take advantage of the streetcar line on Minnetonka Boulevard. Half of the neighborhood’s homes were built before 1945.
- Fern Hill has two neighborhood parks: Fern Hill Park and Twin Lakes Park.
- Fern Hill is the largest neighborhood in St. Louis Park in terms of residential size. It occupies 384.5 acres (residential area: 51 blocks)
- Parks and open space – 9.8 percent
- Commercial/industrial – 1.0 percent
- Fern Hill has 1,338 housing units (958 single family homes, 27 condominiums, 59 townhomes, 268 apartment units and 26 duplex units).
- The average year built (single family houses) was 1945.