Search all Browndale St louis Park homes for sale at mplspropertiesonlin.com. The neighborhood of Browndale lies just in the southeast corner of St. Louis Park and borders Edina and Minneapolis. Residents of Browndale enjoy 2 parks nearby including Minikahda Vista Park and of course, Browndale Park. Browndale Park offers a basketball court, sledding hill, hockey rink and a warming house.
- Browndale Park is located in the south central part of the neighborhood.
- With the exception of businesses along Excelsior Boulevard, Browndale is composed primarily of single family homes.
- Most Holy Trinity School is located in this neighborhood.
- Browndale occupies 160.9 acres with the estimated residential size of 22 blocks.
- Browndale was subdivided in 1915. Construction began soon after to take advantage of the former streetcar line on 44th Street.
- Parks and open space – 6.6 percent
- Commercial/Retail – 1.1 percent
- Browndale has a total of 571 housing units (549 single family homes, 18 apartments and 4 duplexes).
- The average year built for single family homes was 1942.
- Population – 1385 (2002 Census)